Live Webinar June 2 -Resilience and Coping in Transgender and Gender Diverse Clients with Dr. Jae Puckett
Includes a Live Web Event on 06/02/2023 at 11:00 AM (EDT)
- Non-member - $35
- Member - $25
- Student - $15
Friday, June 2, 2023
11:00 am- 12:30 pm Eastern/ 10:00 am – 11:30 am Central/ 9:00 am – 10:30 am Mountain/ 8:00 am – 9:30 am Pacific
$15 Student ABCT Members / $25 ABCT Members / $35 Non-Members
Transgender and gender diverse clients may experience many hardships, such as discrimination and harassment. While therapists must become aware and informed about these minority stressors, they must also consider the unique ways that transgender and gender diverse clients may experience or embody resilience in the face of life stressors. This webinar will focus on reviewing the research evidence on resilience and coping in transgender and gender diverse communities and how to apply this information to clinical practice. Attendees will learn strategies to promote and bolster resilience and coping in their work with transgender and gender diverse clients.
Jae A. Puckett, Ph.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology's Ecological/Community Psychology Program at Michigan State University. Dr. Puckett received their doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the the University of Massachusetts Boston and then completed a post-doctoral fellowship at Northwestern University. Their research focuses on experiences of stigma and marginalization encountered by transgender and gender diverse individuals, as well as resilience and coping in response to stigma. They are a licensed clinical psychologist and also provide therapy services at Wild Ferns Wellness in Lansing, MI.
1. Attendees will be able to identify unique forms of coping and resilience experienced by transgender and gender diverse clients.
2. Attendees will be able to describe the existing literature on resilience and coping in transgender and gender diverse individuals.
3. Attendees will be able to assess resilience and coping in their clinical work with transgender and gender diverse clients.
4. Attendees will be able to apply material from the webinar to promote resilience and coping with transgender and gender diverse clients.
1. Matsuno, E., & Israel, T. (2018). Psychological interventions promoting resilience among transgender individuals: Transgender resilience intervention model (TRIM). The Counseling Psychologist, 46(5), 632-655. https://doi.org/10.1177/0011000018787261
2. Puckett, J. A., Domínguez, S., & Matsuno, E. (2022). Measures of resilience: Do they reflect the experiences of transgender individuals? Transgender Health. Advance online publication. https://doi-org.proxy1.cl.msu.edu/10.1089/trgh.2022.0015
3. Lindley, L., & Budge, S. L. (2022). Development and validation of the Trans and Nonbinary Coping Measure (TNCM): A measure of trans and nonbinary specific ways of coping with gender-related stress. Psychology of Sexual Orientation and Gender Diversity. Advance online publication. https://doi.org/10.1037/sgd0000618
About the Moderator: Anu Asnaani, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology at the University of Utah where she directs the Treatment Mechanisms, Community Empowerment, and Technology Innovations (TCT) lab. Dr. Asnaani and her team examine the adaptation and efficacy of evidence-based treatments for fear-based and related disorders for a range of intersectional identity groups in the lab and in the community, both locally and globally.
All attendees will receive a certificate of completion when the course requirements are satisfied. Certificates of completion is included in the cost of the webinar
The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies incurs significant administrative cost related to your registration before a webinar. Therefore, there are no refunds for live webinars. If you unable to attend a webinar, we will provide you with the recorded version after the live presentation (which is still eligible for CE credit). If you wish to cancel or request to transfer your webinar registration to another webinar please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABCT is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. ABCT maintains responsibility for this program and its content
The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 5797. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs
The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies is recognized by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences for Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) to offer continuing education as Provider #4600
Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT), is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists #PSY-0124
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|